Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Candy Stocks
When I first walked into the room I was very confused as to what we were doing. It was super loud and the room was small and hot and there was candy all over the floor. There were two white boards in the room with types of candy and prices on them. It was then that I realized we were probably going to start trading the stocks. when we started to gether the candy from around the room it was like a race, so I just wanted to get as much candy as I could find. I didnt know what each peice exactly meant yet, so I just grabbed anything I could find. Then In realized that each peice cost something else, and that all the chocolate was like on the stock market and the prices changed, but the laffy taffy all stayed the same price. As we started trading we decided to buy the chocolate with the laffy taffy because we thought of the laffy taffy as actual money and the chocolate as stocks on the stock market. As the prices of each peice of candy flucuated we started to figure out what we needed to keep and what we needed to sell. In about the middle of the game we decided that we were not going to trade any of our chocolate for anything, because it was pretty valuable. By the end of the game we found out this might not have been the best choice because when the price of the chocolate was less than the price of the laffy taffy we noticed that we had lost a lot of money and the whole time we weren't quite on the right track. I discovered that this is pretty similar to what the stock market is actually like because it was very chaotic, there were many different deals going on, and you had to know exactly when to start buying certain stocks. I think this game gave us a good look as to how the stock market actually works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment