1. One of the trades I made was Netflix (NFLX.) First off I chose this company because I really like Netflix, and I knew it was pretty popular. I bought this stock as an investment because I planned on keeping it for a while because it is a large cap company and its ratings aren’t too bad. Its 52 week range is from 125.02-304.79. Today’s high has reached 132.30. One of its major competitors is Amazon. Amazon is also a large cap company and it is currently selling for $218.41 but it is down 4.78%. Right now Netflix is selling for $109.22 a share, but I predict that price will increase about $3 within the next month or two.
2. Another trade that I made was Dell (DELL.) I made this trade because it is a company I am familiar with and they have recently come out with some new things, so I thought it would be a good stock to invest in. Dell is a large cap company and has a rating of 9 out of 10, so it’s doing quite well right now. Its 52 week range is 12.62-17.60 and it is currently trading at 14.77, so it’s not doing too shabby. One of Dell’s major competitors is Hewlett-Packard Company. They are also a large cap company currently trading at about 23.42, but their high in their 52 week range is 49.39, so they aren’t doing as well as they could be doing. Right now Dell is selling at $14.77 a share, but I predict that they will go up to about $15.00 within the next couple weeks.
Although your words were on a different post, they were actually easier to read because there was not as many distractions when reading. You showed knowledge of large cap companies and you showed many different stats and percents, showing a overview of the company. Good job.
ReplyDeleteGood job on including the 52 week data of both the stock you bought and that of its competitors to solidify your reasons for buying the stock you did. I would suggest adding more about what you researched to your posts, like what types of new products are coming out.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on really showing your knowledge on a lot of the information we covered in class. It is also good that you covered some basic information about some competitors of your company.
ReplyDeleteGood job on including real time info.
ReplyDeleteGood job on including real time info.
ReplyDeletegood info! maybe you could include a little more with the 52 week information but you had good predictions and did a very nice job:)
ReplyDeleteI recommend that you include more information on how the 52 week information applied to your purchase. For instance, where was the stock on this scale when you purchased it? Also, you could be more clear about if the stock was purchased as an investment or a trade. In the Dell section it was a little unclear because it seemed like you gave reasons for it to be either. But overall you did a great job! :)
ReplyDeletegood but i wouldn't start of by saying one of my trades are..... And in the next sentence say that it is an investment.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great post, you had a lot of useful information about each of your stocks!
ReplyDelete