1.This week my first transaction is with Columbia Sportswear. I am trading this company because they have a big catalyst, which is Christmas and they sell a lot of winter sportswear. I think this will cause prices to go up quite a bit. Their 52 week range is 41.13-70.64 and are currently selling at about 50.53, so they are about in the middle of their 52 week range and have a lot of room to go up. I predict that in the next week or so the price will go up to at least $53. They are a large cap company and their sector is consumer goods. One of their main competitors is Nike. Nike is currently at about the top of their 52 week range so I don't think they are going to get much higher than that. I believe that Columbia Sportswear was a better company to trade because they have more of a chance to get more money with the winter season.
2.My second transaction this week is with Best Buy. I am trading this company and the catalyst is Christmas. I feel that with the holiday right around the corner prices will go up. Their 52 week range is 21.79-43.75 and are currently selling at about 27.00. I predict that within the next week or so this price should rise to about $31. They are a large cap company and their sector is services. One of their main competitors is Amazon. They are about in the middle of their 52 week range, but they haven't been doing to well for the last few weeks, so i don't think they are going to go up too much more. I think Best Buy was a better choice because they have more room to go up in price since they are more near the bottom of their 52 week range. Also in the past they have done really well around this time of the year, so I think it will probably happen again this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment